open-bt1

open-bt1

Master Frisky Withdrawn From 2016 Badminton Horse Trials CCI4*

Unfortunately I’ve decided to withdraw Master Frisky from the Badminton Horse Trials in England. He was due to get on the plane yesterday but unfortunately on Sunday one of his front legs blew up with cellulitis. Somehow he picked up an infection, which is fortunately responding well to antibiotics. Joanie Morris from the USEF delayed the flight by a day to see if we could get him on board, and my vet Kevin Keane said there’s a lot of improvement already, but we decided not to spend the money to fly him over there when he’s not 100%. We’ll most likely reroute him to Jersey Fresh CCI3* in May. I’m terribly disappointed for owner Steve Blauner as I really felt we had Mikey in tremendous form to put in a good run at Badminton. He’ll be good to go soon enough, though, and we will aim to impress at Jersey.

-Boyd

See all blog posts.

Comments

  1. Good to put the horse first
    He will be awesome at Jersey Fresh
    I am sure it’s disappointing but definitely the right decision

Speak Your Mind

css.php
close
Facebook IconYouTube IconVisit Our BlogVisit Our Blog